Preserving and Presenting Firearms History with Ashley Hlebinsky of the Cody Firearms Museum
We’ve got a great show for you! On this episode, we’re talking all about Firearms in a historical context, including the importance of their preservation and presentation in museums. Brett is joined by Ashley Hlebinsky who is the Robert W. Woodruff Curator of the Cody Firearms Museum in Cody, Wyoming.
The Firearms Museum is one of five at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. As Curator, Ashley oversees thousands of firearms and other weapons dating back to the 13th Century. She’s currently the Project Director on the first full-scale renovation of the museum, which is set to reopen this summer! In addition to her duties at the museum, Hlebinsky is President of (the consulting business) The Gun Code, LLC, a consulting business through which she serves as a museum advisor, expert witness on both civil and criminal cases, freelance writer, certified firearms instructor, international lecturer, on-camera historian, and television producer. She can be seen on the Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum, Outdoor Channel’s Gun Stories with Joe Mantegna, and most recently as co-host of the Discovery Channel’s Master of Arms.
Listen To The Show
- How a digital version of Ashley will greet visitors in the museum.
- Which weapons made famous in Hollywood movies are on display.
- What it’s like to be a female curator in a museum dedicated to guns.
- Which weapons Ashley’s not allowed to fire!
- And so much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with Ashley Hlebinsky: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Connect with the Buffalo Bill Center of the West: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your iPhone: Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Spotify: Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your Android Device: Click here to subscribe on Google Play