Firearms Safety With Bill Brassard Jr Of NSSF And Project ChildSafe
Whether you’re running a business in the firearms industry, part of an advocacy group, or just passionate about guns… firearms safety is critical.
On this episode, our guest is Bill Brassard, Jr. who is the Senior Director of Communications at the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). The NSSF developed a program called Project ChildSafe, which is committed to promoting genuine firearms safety through the distribution of safety education messages and free firearm Safety Kits. Listen in as Bill shares the story behind this crucial initiative.
Listen To The Show
Highlights And Insights From The Episode
- Why 15,000 law enforcement agencies have partnered with Project ChildSafe.
- Amazing statistics that show the progress Project Childsafe has made since 1999.
- How Bill found himself at the forefront of this firearms safety initiative.
- Why lawmakers from all sides of the political spectrum say great things about Project Childsafe.
- And so much more!
Connect With The Guest
- Bill Brassard, Jr. on LinkedIn
- National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) on LinkedIn
- Project Childsafe on Facebook
- Project Childsafe on Instagram
- Project Childsafe on Twitter
- Project Childsafe on YouTube
Subscribe And Never Miss A TacticalPay Radio Episode
Firearms Industry Spotlight
“Project ChildSafe is the largest, most comprehensive firearms safety education program in the U.S. It was developed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms industry, and is committed to promoting genuine firearms safety through the distribution of safety education messages and free firearm Safety Kits. The kits include a cable-style gun-locking device and a brochure (also available in Spanish) that discusses safe handling and secure storage guidelines to help deter access by unauthorized individuals.
Project ChildSafe is a real firearms safety solution that helps make communities safer. Since 1999, more than 15,000 law enforcement agencies have partnered with the program. They’ve distributed more than 37 million firearm safety kits to gun owners in all 50 states and five U.S. territories. Project ChildSafe has helped raise awareness about the safe and responsible ownership of firearms and the importance of storing firearms securely when not in use to help prevent accidents, theft and misuse.”