Gun Broker Merchant Account
Snapshot: The Gun Broker Platform
Launched in 1999 after eBay began prohibiting the auction of firearms and firearm parts, GunBroker.com is the world’s largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories. With more than 6 million users, GunBroker.com is a fixture in the firearms community.
GunBroker offers sellers and buyers alike a safe and secure way to complete firearms sales. The platform is particularly attractive for firearms business owners who are interested in reaching a wider pool of customers by selling firearms and accessories online.
Get Approved For A Gun Broker Merchant Account
If you own or operate a firearms business, you may have realized the great opportunities selling firearms via GunBroker.com presents.
With that in mind, selling via GunBroker.com requires you to obtain a firearms merchant account. You may have been previously turned down for a merchant account from a mainstream bank or merchant services company.
Or worse, your firearms business may have had its merchant account terminated with little or no previous notice.
Many banks and merchant services providers will not accept your business for one of two reasons:
- Firearm sales are regulated by the federal government, and therefore, additional underwriting is required by the credit card processor. (Even if you don’t sell firearms, and only sell ammo or accessories, your business may be lumped into this category by the bank.)
- Because firearms and the 2nd Amendment are a “hot button” political issue, many banks and merchant services companies have taken an “anti” 2nd Amendment stance, and refuse to work with these businesses, even if they are otherwise highly desirable clients.
Fortunately, Tactical Payments was founded with the exact mission to serve firearms industry businesses. We also specialize with those firearms industry businesses that want to sell their products on Gun Broker. We will offer you competitive pricing, easy integration, and friendly, USA-based customer support.
You deserve a payment partner that respects your business, and delivers credit card processing at a low cost.
Our friendly Customer Support Team is standing by to approve your application.
Gun Broker Merchant Account FAQs
The following are the most frequently asked questions we get from businesses interesting in being approved for a GunBroker merchant account from Tactical Payments.
What kinds of Gun Broker sellers do you accept as merchants?
Tactical Payments accepts a wide variety of firearms industry businesses selling on gunbroker. We also accept businesses that include retail, eCommerce and mobile-based businesses. Additionally, we accept merchants who sell sporting goods and archery equipment. Naturally, merchants we work with must abide by all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
What criteria does my firearms business need to meet, to be approved for a Gun Broker merchant account by Tactical Payments?
To be approved for a merchant account by Tactical Payments, your firearms, or firearms accessories business must meet the following criteria:
- Your business must be located, and operate, solely within the United States of America (and the business owner must be a US citizen with a SSN)
- You must be willing to provide the following documentation: (1) a voided business check or verified bank letter, (2) a valid government ID such as a driver’s license, (3) 3 months’ previous business bank statements (or personal bank statements if the business is a startup) and (4) 3 months’ previous credit card processing statements, if you’ve held an account previously.
- If you are selling firearms, or all of the parts necessary for someone to purchase an assemble a firearm you MUST have a valid FFL.
- Your GunBroker store URL must be set up, with the products you plan on selling listed.
Please note, the following is prohibited, and we are unable to work with businesses selling any of the items listed below:
- Bump Stocks
- Firearms created through CNC (Computerized Numeric Control Machines) milling
- Blueprints for CNC
Is Tactical Payments compatible with my existing ecommerce or Point Of Sale (POS) software?
Firearms industry businesses typically have a preferred ecommerce or POS (Point Of Sale) software system they use. Because Tactical Payments works with most major payment gateways (including Authorize.net, USAePay and NMI), our merchant accounts integrate with most popular ecommerce and Point Of Sale systems. Tactical Payments is compatible with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, Volusion, and many other ecommerce software packages, and is also compatible with GunBroker.com.