Raising Hunting Awareness and More with John Annoni of Camp Compass
Strap in for another episode of TacticalPay Radio! On this show we’re covering the importance of raising hunting awareness and showing the next generation how to hunt. Brett is joined by an excellent guest in John Annoni.
In addition to being a lifelong educator, John Annoni is the man behind Camp Compass Academy, Hunting Awareness, and the Two Million Bullet initiative. These three projects share the goal of furthering kids education as it pertains to the outdoors, hunting, firearms safety, and a lot more stuff that kids aren’t learning at school and likely wouldn’t even have the chance to learn at home.
Listen To The Show
- How John went “From the hood to the woods”
- Who exactly can take advantage of the education and experiences at Camp Compass.
- How school districts interact with Camp Compass.
- How the Two Million Bullet Initiative started and what it’s all about.
- And so much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with John Annoni: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Connect with Camp Compass Academy: Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your iPhone: Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Spotify: Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your Android Device: Click here to subscribe on Google Play
Camp Compass Academy
“Camp Compass is a unified effort to introduce urban, middle & high school students to various outdoor activities. During these sessions students will be introduced and networked to community businesses and working role models. The consequence will be an educated and influenced population understanding conservation, sportsmen’s philosophies and their activities.
It’s our passion for children that brings a new found quality to their lives. We believe that every child, no matter what circumstances they may be in, should have the opportunity to experience positive people and activities. Therefore, we are constantly spending time with students in the field, water, and in the classroom. We can prove that our students feel like they belong to a family. It is vital in today’s tough environments that we as adults provide not only advice but an ear as well.
Basically, we love our kids and they will always have their Camp Compass family to listen to them!”
TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of The Week
Each week, we select a “TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of the Week” from our listener submissions! Created to showcase a community organization that is doing important on the ground work related to the firearms community, nominees are selected by our listeners from hundreds of local clubs, shooting groups, hunting and wildlife organizations, education and advocacy organizations, and other firearms related community organizations.
We want to hear about organizations that deserve to be recognized, so if you know of a community organization that you believe is doing excellent work on behalf of the broader firearms community that you’d like to see recognized, drop us a line!
We’ve got a great one for you this week!
The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition, Inc. ir (NHFC)
NHFC is New Hampshire firearm owners’ strongest voice to State and Municipal government officials and agencies, and to the media. The NHFC seeks the widest scope for you to exercise your Second Amendment civil right to be armed.
Some of the specific things they work towards include:
- Expanding New Hampshire residents’ right to carry firearms, openly or concealed
- Strengthening protection for shooting clubs and ranges against encroachments/harassment.
- Strengthening protection for firearms manufacturers and dealers.
- Educating reporters and editors about firearms and firearm related issues.
- Educating public officials about firearms and firearm related issues.
- Expansion of hunting seasons and areas.
- Helping firearm-owners to better their shooting skills and to learn new ones.
And a whole lot more. As an organization they are constantly working to protect the rights of firearms enthusiasts and hunters, and that makes them a great selection for our community organization of the week.
If you’d like to learn more about them you can click here to connect with them on Facebook.