Managing A Large Firearms Business With Mike Rust Of H&H Shooting Sports
Growth and expansion are great things for any business, and those experiencing it in the firearms industry is no different. But when a business becomes large enough, what goes into maintaining that success? What are some of the downsides that need to be navigated?
Our guest is Mike Rust, who is the General Manager of H&H Shooting Sports. Since 2005, Mike has overseen the expansion of H&H Shooting Sports into the one of the largest firearms sellers and indoor shooting ranges in the country.
Listen To The Show
Highlights And Insights From The Episode
- How Mike manages a shooting facility with about 20M in annual sales and over 100 employees.
- What Mike thinks of the Biden Administration’s pick to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
- How H&H Shooting Sports is handling of the ammunition shortage.
- Why the 4U Cafe at H&H Shooting Sports is essential to the customer experience.
- And so much more!
Connect With The Guest
- H&H Shooting Sports on Facebook
- H&H Shooting Sports on LinkedIn
- H&H Shooting Sports on Twitter
- H&H Shooting Sports on YouTube
- Mike Rust on LinkedIn
Subscribe And Never Miss A TacticalPay Radio Episode
Firearms Industry Spotlight
H&H Shooting Sports
“H&H started from humble beginnings in 1981 as a small gun range that offered a place for people to learn and develop their marksmanship. Over the years, we’ve been fortunate enough to grow into a 90,000 square facility featuring over 60 lanes and a full retail shop. We support all shooting sports, including all manner of firearms, archery, and Olympic-style airgun.
Our business is dedicated to the people of Oklahoma, and we hope to be a valuable asset to the community here in OKC. We welcome people of all skill levels and have several bilingual team members on staff to encourage anyone and everyone to pay us a visit. If you love the sport of shooting, we’re confident you’ll have a great experience at H&H”