Strap in for yet another TacticalPay Radio episode! This week, we’re talking about the defense of the right to keep and bear arms. Joining Brett to explore this is David Codrea, who is a columnist and runs a popular blog called The War on Guns.
David Codrea has been a gun rights advocate and writer for almost 20 years now. He’s won multiple journalist awards for his work in 2A advocacy, he writes and edits for GUNS Magazine, the Oath Keepers, and AmmoLand, in addition to Fighting to protect our 2nd Amendment rights is a tough, thankless, and never-ending job. But David Codrea is a happy warrior who won’t back down to gun grabbers.
Listen To The Show:
- The life-changing event that brought David into gun rights advocacy.
- The lawmakers who truly “get” the 2nd Amendment.
- What David thinks about keeping track of his website traffic.
- What’s changed in American culture since the 1980’s regarding gun rights advocacy.
- And so much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with David Codrea : LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: Podcast Episode Hub
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your iPhone: Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Spotify: Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your Android Device: Click here to subscribe on Google Play
Industry Spotlight: The War On Guns
The War on Guns: Notes from the Resistance, is a blog started by David Codrea to help spread the word on the defense of gun rights. With a lengthy posting history, there are many excellent articles and updates to pour through. The information and perspective of David is unique and passionate, reflected in each and every excellent post.
What truly sets the blog apart is Codrea’s tremendous experience in the defense of gun rights. Codrea was named Gun Rights Defender of the Month in April, 2007 by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms for persuading the Bush administration to strike “collective rights” language from the Federal Register in an FAA ruling. In 2011, he was named “Journalist of the Year” by the Second Amendment Foundation for his groundbreaking work exposing the “Fast and Furious” ATF “gunwalking” scandal, and was a co-recipient of Soldier of Fortune Magazine’s “2nd Amendment Freedom Fighter Award,” and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership’s “David and Goliath Award” for his work on that story. He was also named a 2014 Defender of Liberty by the Second Amendment Foundation.
TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of The Week
Each week, we select a “TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of the Week” from our listener submissions! Created to showcase a community organization that is doing important on the ground work related to the firearms community, nominees are selected by our listeners from hundreds of local clubs, shooting groups, hunting and wildlife organizations, education and advocacy organizations, and other firearms related community organizations.
We want to hear about organizations that deserve to be recognized, so if you know of a community organization that you believe is doing excellent work on behalf of the broader firearms community that you’d like to see recognized, drop us a line!
We’ve got a great one for you this week!
Waterfowl USA was established in January of 1983 as a national organization dedicated to reinvesting locally raised funds back into the local & state waterfowl habitat projects.
Waterfowl U.S.A.’s primary focus is to raise funds for the direct benefit of waterfowl and wetland habitat. Examples of approved projects include waterfowl management research, habitat acquisitions, conservation education, development of refuges, planting food sources for waterfowl, the establishment of resident populations of ducks and geese, and building, erecting and maintaining nesting structures.
They have 4 primary goals:
- To create interest in preserving and improving the remaining wetland waterfowl habitat within the United States.
- To organize local groups of concerned biologists, sportsmen, and bird enthusiasts dedicated to preserving our American waterfowl heritage.
- To educate the public to the importance of the conservation of waterfowl and the preservation of wetland habitat within the United States.
- To educate our youth in good conservation practices.
If you’d like to learn more about them you can click here to connect with them on Facebook.