Strap in for a new episode of TacticalPay Radio! This week, we’re talking about learning and practicing self defense with a true expert. Maggie Mordaunt AKA “CCW Maggie” is the Founder/Owner and Lead Instructor for Homeland Personal Protection Firearms Training or HPP Firearms Training. For ten years now her training has been geared towards defensive shooting against potentially lethal threats.
In addition to her work with HPP Firearms Training, Maggie is a Defensive Firearms Coach, an NRA Training Counselor, Certified Instructor, and Chief Range Safety Officer as well as an authorized CCW/CFP Instructor for NV, UT & FL. She is currently on tour as an instructor for the Personal Defense Network Tour. Maggie is “a Wife to a very supportive husband of (10) years, a Mom of (2) beautiful children and is a Woman who understands the importance of self-defense as a fundamental right.”
Listen To The Show
- How Maggie was informed she was the first female non-military commissioned firearms instructor at Camp Pendleton.
- What she would hunt if she could pick anything, anywhere.
- What it was like to be the first non-military commissioned officer to serve as a firearms instructor at Camp Pendleton, CA – and be invited back!
- The best and worst parts of living in Nevada.
- And so much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with CCW Maggie: Twitter | Facebook
- Connect with the Show: Podcast Episode Hub
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your iPhone: Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Spotify: Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your Android Device: Click here to subscribe on Google Play
Homeland Personal Protection Firearms Training
Founded in 2009 by CCW Maggie, who is also its lead instructor, Homeland Personal Protection Firearms Training is a Defensive Firearms Training Company. They specializing in CCW Preparedness, Defense In your Home, around Vehicles and Public Spaces. Their mission is to help their students respond more efficiently in a Life-Threatening Incident.
HPP Training at a Glance:
- Year Founded: 2009
- Students Trained: 6000+
- Courses Offered: Multi-State CCW Courses, Introduction to Defensive Handgun, Fundamentals of Home Defense, Fundamentals of Conceal Carry, Fundamentals of Intuitive Defensive Shooting, Women’s Training Courses, Dynamic Defensive Carbine, and more.
- Address: 8200 Dean Martin Dr. Las Vegas, Nevada
- Phone: (702) 375-5900
Here’s what Maggie has to say, in her own words, on HPP Firearms Training: “There are times that I may be the one and only exposure for students to learn to defend themselves” and “Students may attend only one training course for various reasons and I want to deliver the very best information and training possible and I always encourage ongoing skill development and evaluation. In her opinion, taking a CCW Course is important, yet additional Counter Ambush Methodology and developing Intuitive Learned Responses are critical to your survival and has created a training program to support all shooters regardless of experience.
TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of The Week
Each week, we select a “TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of the Week” from our listener submissions! Created to showcase a community organization that is doing important on the ground work related to the firearms community, nominees are selected by our listeners from hundreds of local clubs, shooting groups, hunting and wildlife organizations, education and advocacy organizations, and other firearms related community organizations.
We want to hear about organizations that deserve to be recognized, so if you know of a community organization that you believe is doing excellent work on behalf of the broader firearms community that you’d like to see recognized, drop us a line!
We’ve got a great one for you this week!
Centerburg Youth Shooting Sports
This week, we’re happy to acknowledge and award Centerburg Youth Shooting Sports , located in Ohio.
CYSS is a community based organization that strives to teach youth how to properly handle and use Shotguns and Pistols safely to enjoy shooting sports. They endeavor to do this while also passing on its strong core values on to the next generation of youth shooters.
Since its creation in 2000, CYSS has introduced more than 3,000 youth to the shooting sports. Many of their young shooters compete in both state and national competitions, bringing recognition to the Centerburg community. Since its creation several youth shooters, who started out in CYSS, have gone on to earn positions on Junior Olympic teams and have competed in international competitions for USA Shooting in Germany, Cypress and Slovenia.
Even with all their success in competitioon, youths who join the organization receive coaching using the Athlete First and Winning Second philosophy.
Building community from the Youth on up is so important, so many congrats to them on their award. We hope they keep up the great work!