Strap in for another episode of TacticalPay Radio! This week, we’ve got a bit more of a local political feel, with a show all about covering gun policy in the state of New York. Our guest is Jacob Rieper of GunPoliticsNY, a blog that focuses on the politics affecting the rights of citizens to own, carry and use firearms for all lawful purposes in the state of New York.
Jacob Rieper has been a defender of the 2nd Amendment since he was running Compuserve forums in the mid-1990’s. In addition to his current blogging activities, he has honed his skills in the legislative process from introduction to signing, policy analysis and research, communicating with elected officials on legislative matters, developing political strategy, surveying candidates for public office, political campaign research, grassroots communication, writing press releases, communicating with the media on relevant legislative and political matters. From 2000 to 2016, Jacob was the Legislative Director of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association.
Listen To The Show
- What gun activists forums on Compuserve were like back in the 1990’s.
- Why gun control “grassroots” movements are actually “astroturf”.
- What Governor Cuomo is doing to defeat Cynthia Nixon in the Democratic primaries.
- How turnover in the Attorney General’s office affects gun policy.
- And so much more!
Featured on the Show
- Connect with Jacob and Gun Politics NY : Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with the Show: Podcast Episode Hub
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your iPhone: Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Spotify: Click here to subscribe on Spotify
- Listen to TacticalPay Radio on Your Android Device: Click here to subscribe on Google Play
When it comes to firearms in the United States, political action is crucial. There are many new laws and approaches to guns to consider in any legislative body. For 2nd Amendment advocates, one of the best ways to make their voices heard is through accountability and information sharing. The power of online reporting cannot be overstated, especially when it comes to local level politics.
This kind of philosophy is one Jacob Rieper has embraced on GunPoliticsNY. Jacob shares his news and information on New York politicians and gun control advocates, many of whom are unwavering in their efforts to limit 2nd Amendment freedoms. Posts often deal with the latest news relating to guns and politics… often complete with quotes, video clips. and more.
These days, with an incredible amount of news, distractions, and more the public is faced with… it can be difficult to stay informed on all of the latest developments in gun legislation. This is especially true at a state and local level, where legislative actions don’t get the same national attention. GunPoliticsNY serves to cut through all the extraneous noise and present facts. The best way to pursue any goal that rests on political action starts with being informed. Jacob makes sure that happens each and every post he makes!
TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of The Week
Each week, we select a “TacticalPay Featured Community Organization of the Week” from our listener submissions! Created to showcase a community organization that is doing important on the ground work related to the firearms community, nominees are selected by our listeners from hundreds of local clubs, shooting groups, hunting and wildlife organizations, education and advocacy organizations, and other firearms related community organizations.
We want to hear about organizations that deserve to be recognized, so if you know of a community organization that you believe is doing excellent work on behalf of the broader firearms community that you’d like to see recognized, drop us a line!
We’ve got a great one for you this week!
The Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association
Founded in 2009, OK2A seeks to defend Second Amendment rights and remove the infringements placed on them by the government
They accomplish this through 5 primary paths
- Maintaining a daily presence at the state capitol during the legislative session.
- Bringing together the best and brightest including legislators, attorneys, law professors, and Second Amendment experts, to craft sound public policy.
- Providing research and wording to legislators for Second Amendment legislation.
- Organizing grassroots to support pro-Second Amendment legislation.
- Educating legislators, the media, and the public about the Founders’ intent concerning the Second Amendment.
They have been incredible successful in their efforts. In fact, “In total, the Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association has helped pass almost 40 different pro-gun measures through the legislative process. No other 2A group in Oklahoma can boast such a resume.”
Advocating on behalf of citizens is important work, and OK2A also works to foster strong relationships with their local communities in Oklahoma. They have 4 chapters, in Lawton, Oklahoma City, Sapulpa, and Tulsa.
Huge congrats to OK2A! If you’d like to learn more about them or aid their cause, be sure to connect with them!